Interested in Beta testing the new PocketLab - Scratch integration?
Follow these steps:
1. The PocketLab Scratch integration is beta software. If you find an issue and need help, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. You're feedback will be extremely valuable to the PocketLab community.
2. Follow this link to open our Scratch X program in a Chrome browser. Make sure pop-ups are enabled. The integration is only works on PocketLab compatible Max OSX and Chromebook devices. When the PocketLab Web App is up and running on Windows 10, it will also work on Windows 10 compatible devices.
3. A different version of our PocketLab Web App will automatically open in a new tab. Connect your PocketLab to that version of the PocketLab Web App. The PocketLab Scratch X program can now read data collected in the PocketLab Web App.
4. Build your own creative programs in Scratch that use PocketLab data as an input.
5. A demo program called Space Blaster lets you control a spaceship on screen with your PocketLab and shoot at asteroids. Download the Scratch file on GitHub here: https://github.com/ThePocketLab/ScratchX/blob/gh-pages/SpaceBlaster.sbx
A couple notes:
-You'll need to switch to the desired sensors in the PocketLab Web App for Scratch to read them. It will only read what is being displayed in real-time graphing mode from the PocketLab Web App.
-In this version of the PocketLab Web App, you might notice a couple differences. Most notably a button at the bottom that says, "Upload to CloudLab." Ignore that. Our Cloud software is not ready for Beta testing yet and you'll need log-in credentials to use it anyway.
-This version of the PocketLab Web App is our "Developer Version" so there might be random bugs from time to time as we are testing different things out and working on updates. Don't use this version of the PocketLab Web App for regular PocketLab data collection. It's only useful for working with Scratch. The regular version of the PocketLab Web App can be found at thepocketlab.com/app.