Advanced STEM Kit + PocketLab One
The PocketLab Advanced STEM Kit helps you explore velocity, acceleration, position, forces, momentum, magnetism, pressure, energy, and more!
The kit includes a cart you can assemble in a few minutes, and other accessories to perform several experiments.
Includes a PocketLab One.
All STEM Kit activities are free to download on-line.
Advanced STEM Kit & PocketLab One
The PocketLab Advanced STEM Kit helps you explore velocity, acceleration, position, forces, momentum, magnetism, pressure, energy, and more! The kit includes a cart you can assemble in a few minutes, and other accessories to perform several experiments.
This kit includes the PocketLab Advanced STEM Kit car & materials plus a PocketLab One.
The PocketLab Advanced STEM Kit give you the materials needed to do the specific activities listed below. The PocketLab Advanced STEM Kit works well with either PocketLab One, or PocketLab Voyager. You can find ideas for dozens and dozens of other PocketLab activities here. PocketLab is also great for investigating your own scientific questions with authentic data collection.
- PocketLab One Sensor
- Getting Started Activity Cards
- Parts to build a low friction dynamics cart
- Parts to create experiments with collisions, Atwood machines, magnetism, harmonic motion, pressure and more
- Dozens of free to download on-line activities
PocketLab One Sensor Functions
All the sensor functions are integrated into a small, rugged, and portable sensor device that can be attached to almost anything and used in almost any application. You can stream data from up to three measurements simultaneously to the PocketLab app and visualize the data in real-time.
- Angular Velocity
- Magnetic Field
- Barometric Pressure
- Ambient Temperature
PocketLab One Features
- Free Award Winning PocketLab and VelocityLab Apps
- Compatible with iOS, Android, Chrome OS, Windows 10, and Mac OS
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless connection
- Powered by a replaceable coin cell battery
- Stream data in real-time then analyze the recorded data in the PocketLab app
PocketLab App Features
The PocketLab App
- Easy and intuitive to pick up and start using
- Record and analyze data in real-time
- Video Feature: Overlay data and video automatically (iOS only
- Simultaneously view Velocity, Acceleration, and Distance
- The easiest way to teach match graphs
- Turns almost any wheel into a real time speedometer
- Save data recordings to your CloudLab Science Notebook
- Create and share Lab Reports that investigate questions you're curious about
- Compare your weather data to publically available data from weather stations
Experienced STEM educators, scientists, and educational researchers have developed the library of PocketLab activities that emphasizes the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) from 4th grade through high school. University professors and researchers have also developed AP-level and university-level experiments that dive deep into physics and engineering concepts. You can find all of the lessons on the PocketLab Educator pages.
Specific PocketLab Advanced STEM Kit Activities can be found at these links:
- Study Newton's Second Law with a cart, ramp, and pulley (another version of the Half-Atwood Machine)