Gravity Well Kit
Model and investigate the principles of gravity and General Relativity with the Gravity Well Kit. The kit enables qualitative hands-on demonstrations of space-time and the attractive force of gravity. Includes:
- One 32-inch tabletop gravity well
- Different sized spherical masses to represent stars, planets, and moons
- Detailed lessons and instructions through the PocketLab Notebook
PocketLab Gravity Well Kit
The Gravity Well Kit is a unique way to investigate and intuitively experience the nature of gravity, space-time, and the Theory of General Relativity. The kit and activity is designed for students in middle school through AP high school courses to gain a deeper understanding of the physics of gravity.
- 32-inch gravity well demonstration setup
- 3 different sized spherical masses to represent stars, planets, and moons
- Detailed lessons and instructions through the PocketLab Notebook: Lesson Link
Alignment to Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
Real Data, Not Simulations
Every activity involves real-world data collection of physical phenomenon so your students can learn hands-on.
Backed by Research
Lessons were developed in projects with the Department of Education Institute of Educational Sciences and the National Science Foundation SBIR program
Start with this ready-to-use investigation on the Gravity Well: lesson link.